Wednesday 25 July 2018

mind games

My mental game has been taking a bit of a battering over the last week or so, not helped by the stifling heat in the UK.

As Cole Cuchna would say, let's Dissect!

sing me to sleep


Obviously the heat isn't helping any of us with getting to sleep. The weirdest thing is, I have been dreaming that my alarm is going off. Yes, my dreams are that interesting.

It always happens about 30 minutes before my alarm is due to go off. But that doesn't stop me taking an age to realise what has happened.

One night this happened three times.

the drugs don't [seem to] work 


No complaints about Tysabri. But it seems that Fampyra / Fampridine has plateaued again. It doesn't seem to be doing anything to help at the moment so I'll probably need to have a fallow month.

Just in time for the summer holidays. Score.

never gonna do it without the FES on


In other walking news, the FES (Functional Electrical Stimulation) seems to be doing its job quite nicely. But it currently takes me around half an hour to get the damn thing on, however.

After drawing the correct position for the electrodes on my leg with so-called permanent markers (which ALWAYS washed off), I've been trying to do it by sight and touch. Way more complicated than it sounds.

I've got another appointment with the Gait Lab next month. Remind me to ask them to explain why I can't have a tattoo of the correct position.

wii Can Work It Out


I'm going swimming when I can but on days when I don't I've dug out our old Wii Fit. There is a great range of things to do on there.

I aim to do a bit of Yoga, some exercises and end by doing a few balance games (NOTE: I'm still the king of the Penguin Slide game).

Screen saying "You were very unsteady just then. It's difficult to maintain a beautiful pose if your posture is bad."
well DUH...

I could without the not-so-passive commentary from the instructors, though.
Screen saying: "Your body seemed very shaky during this exercise. Don't forget, a stable body can help to achieve better posture."
oh get knotted..

you can't put your arms around a memory


Ah Facebook. Such an odd place. I quite like the Memories feature. Even though it's usually a memory of me posting some asinine political meme or musical blathering.

But I'll be honest. This bit of musical blather almost broke me.
Longtime visitors might recognise Annabel as my late friend who I wrote about here. Still much missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment