Thursday 19 November 2009

the crudlines

Just a quick post to fill you in on the headlines of the last week or so - tomorrow we go to discuss Disease Modifying Therapies.

Brave New World, here we come!
  1. Still on the 'half-a-tab-a-day' of Modafinil. I do feel a little bit sharper, especially at work, but I still need to have a nap after coming home. Have toyed with the idea of increasing the dosage slightly but I'm waiting until I speak to one of the professionals.

  2. I've been getting taxis to work, to be paid for by Access to Work. This didn't start off too auspiciously - the first driver BROKE WIND the second I got into his car. This hasn't happened since.

  3. The OT visited me at work with a guy from Shape Seating. Together they've submitted a report with some recommendations for my workspace - and they've also approached Access to Work to get a grant for the adjustments. It's all looking pretty positive, so hopefully I'll be able to tell you about my spanky new space-chair - fingers crossed.

  4. I got my Disabled Parking Badge last week.

    Bit of a mixed blessing, this one - it will undoubtedly be very helpful for me and enable me to get to work-meetings and park in more convenient spaces. I will, however, have to put the damned thing in my car, which is what I'm having a problem with at the mo'. It's just the idea that I need one is jarring with me a little bit - but I'll get over it.
So tomorrow we go to talk about drugs and daily injections and all those fun things. I told myself that I'd have a really good look into all the options and do some serious research. But that's not happened - there's always tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment