Monday 16 April 2012

update

Still off work, still no change in my condition, still no sign of it improving.

The weirdest thing about this relapse has been the pain, something I've never had to deal with before (MS related, anyway).

I remember when I was first diagnosed, I read about people using cannabis for pain relief and I always thought, "what pain?". This relapse, it's been really intense, knocking me sideways at times.

FULL DISCLOSURE
I smoked my share of weed in my younger days (in fact, I think I smoked most of your share as well) - has all the stuff I smoked finally 'worn off', and now I get to enjoy my MS pain?

Anyway, FIVE WEEKS in and enough is enough. Have called the MS Nurses and made an appointment for a Steroid assessment - earliest they can get me in is Thursday morning.

Cue 3 more days of me sitting on my butt on my own.

Now - I always thought I was a slacker. Turns out I'm really conscientious (see the last two weeks of working from home while recovering) and I'm going slightly mental.

An aside: Oxybutynin has totally sorted my bladder issues out. Gabapentin is kind of sorting my pain out (now I'm on 3 tablets a day, anyway).

No comments:

Post a Comment