Tuesday 20 October 2020

quite reassuring

I got a letter from my neurologist the other day (if you're as old skool as me, your next thought will be, "I opened and read it, it said they were suckers" but I digress). 

My letter said the following:

I am pleased to inform you that brain MRI compared to the previous scan did not reveal any new lesions.

And then:

This is quite reassuring. 

Image description: The words "This is quite reassuring" taken from a letter I received from my neurologist

Quite reassuring?! If we're looking for a two-word summary, I'd probably go for, "Bloody marvellous" or something similar. But maybe that's just me. 

At the very least it means that Tysabri is doing its job (reducing relapses). And all without so much of the MRI-visible side effects (brain infection). If this the most I can hope for, let me have it, yeah?

Ah well, it did make me laugh, mostly because I can totally hear him saying it. Very low-key. 

I told the MS nurses the next time I saw them and they thought it was funny too. This then led on to a discussion about the florid eyebrows sported by all the neuros at the hospital. I think it's a sign that they're so engaged with their work that they don't have time for frivolities such as manscaping. 

I have plenty of time for taking care of my eyebrows. And yet they remain, resolutely, OFF. THE. HOOK.

No comments:

Post a Comment